Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Not Too Much Longer

As many of you  know, other than dogs, or labs specifically, my other passion is fly fishing.  And one of my favorite places to fish is a small but gorgeous mountain stream in North Central Washington.  For years the fishing season ended in October, but because of some possible endangered species issues, the season now closes at the end of this month.  This year we were unable to fish this stream very much because the run-off came so late.  So, we got in late and now are in the waning days of saying "until next year."

The dogs love going with me.  They can swim (I'm not uptight about them interfering with my fishing, for me it's more about being out than catching and releasing anything), hang out, find sticks, sniff all the wild animal scents...it's a perfect outing for the girls.

And so it is not too much longer.  After the end of this month we'll walk the shore, looking longingly at the creek, scouting, perhaps, for new places to cast.

Murphy's Day.

No comments: