Thursday, September 8, 2011

Swimming with Diamonds

I simply love this picture.  Sage and Annie at Cutthroat Lake.  With the light, it looks like they are swimming with diamonds.  And in a sense they were...a high alpine lake, time outside, cool water (or escape from the swarming mosquitoes, which I have been eaten alive by them these past few days so I finally learned how to spell mosquito correctly).

I really enjoy these kind of outings with the girls.  The trail was not that hard, and, of course, Annie did twice the distance than the rest of us, but for both girls when they got to the lake, their eyes opened wide and it was stampede time to the water.  They seem to love the scents, the mere activity of hiking, and I love watching them enjoy themselves.  We are creating memories that last forever.  I still say: "remember when we took Murphy to...."

Murphy's Day.

No comments: