Thursday, March 7, 2013

Looking for Friends

Willa has taken to wanting to run/slog with me in the morning.  Since my last knee "tweak," I walk down the hill and then we run up and do another mile or so...

Willa has figured out that throughout the 4 miles she can meet friends and even relatives.  Her littermate and sister, Murphy, lives a few blocks from us, and we almost always run into them the minute we leave the front door (Sharon is a high school counselor and I think the hour between 5-6 AM is the only peace she has during her hectic weekdays!).  From greeting Murphy, Willa ambles down the hill, bumping into Beverly and Mark who always have a treat, Lance and Laurie, Tad, Pam, and the girls, sometimes Nani who pulls out a whole bag of treats, and hopefully soon, Mariam.

By the time we get home, whatever calories Willa has burned are added back on!

She loves it, and I enjoy the company.

Murphy's Day.

No comments: