Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thinking About Elections

Well, Willa is non-plussed about the election today.  Despite the zillion mailers, trillion robo-calls (I haven't answered my home phone in weeks), and obnoxious "get out the vote" canvassers while I was trying to paint which led me to post a sign on the door: "I've already voted, please don't knock," Willa isn't interested.  Plus, she is still too young to vote.

But, despite my exhaustion, please, if you haven't already, vote.  These past few years we have, again, witnessed people all around the world putting their lives in danger for the right to have a say in how they are governed.  Our democracy, imperfect, full of not-so-good-stuff, but still, it's better than what people in other countries live under or with.

So vote.

Then crawl into bed in exhaustion.  It's been an long election.

Murphy's Day.

No comments: