Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It's A New Day

I shared with an acquaintance that Annie came into our lives a few months ago. And how much energy she has, how I was, er, well, really not prepared for all that bouncing, running, exuberance. Then I paused and reminded myself that for Annie, it is still all new, that each day is a new game plan, a new routine, a new world. Her energy is a reflection of the joy, the excitement she feels for each sunrise, each awakening that the day is here, ready for her.

Really, for those of us who have managed to get out of bed almost every day for way too many years, we can learn from Annie. It's a new day. Something spectacular, large or small, will happen today. And that is amazing.

I realized, too, that Murphy was like that, really, until the end. And Sage, while no longer as bouncy, still gets pretty thrilled after she has finally woken up. Yep, we can learn from them.

Murphy's day, a new day.

No comments: