Thursday, October 23, 2008

Where's Sage?

Remember those puzzles in Highlights, that magazine I read while waiting at the dentist's office as a kid?  The things hidden in the picture?  

It has been so gorgeous, that Sage who normally is the center piece of every photo, is somewhere in this pic, along with the Wenatchee River, what I think is Sleeping Lady (the hill in the background...no, for those of you on the east coast, it's not a mountain, it's a hill!), and some beautiful fall color.

Of course, this pic was taken just before Sage launched herself off the bank, into the river, doing a tail-tucked mad dog while I was alternating between laughing and trying to get her to stop (the overly cautious part of me regarding her knee).  

It was nice, though, to stop and enjoy the amazing fall morning.  The mist rising off the water, the poplars and willows turning gold, the remaining spawning salmon leaping out of the riffles, two deer across the river eyeing Sage.  Fall is Labrador retriever weather: the frost on the fields, the cold mornings, migrating ducks and geese.  Even though Sage is a thoroughly gentrified dog, surely coursing through her veins is the thought: "shouldn't I be thinking about duck hunting?  Nah, it's way too cold.  I would rather be running amok driving my mom crazy!"

Murphy's day and Sage, well on her way to being Monster, Inc., again!

No comments: