Tuesday, October 7, 2008

In the Autumn

In the Autumn it is time for fires, leaf gawking, and snuggling.  Murphy and I, realizing there was a slight, cool breeze decided to cuddle, hold each other for awhile.  She has always been a lap dog, climbing on the couch while I watched TV or better yet, trying to sneak onto a dining room chair.  On Thanksgiving while I was in graduate school and had several students for dinner, Murphy did just that, blithely getting up onto a bench, sitting next to a friend.  I swear she almost tied a napkin around her neck!  Rebecca just began petting her as if there was nothing wrong.  Thank goodness I am surrounded by dog lovers.

Murph has also perfected the slide into the front seat of the car, especially if I am the passenger.  She has several moves: the running back move, where she barrels ahead.  The leap first apologize later move.  And the "ain't no mountain high enough" move, where she maneuvers around every obstacle (primarily my arm).  

We enjoyed our moments in the chair, it felt good just holding her, whispering into her ear.  Of course, someone got a little jealous...

Murphy's day.

No comments: