Thursday, October 30, 2008

Can't We All Get Along?

A few days to go before the election.  It's getting hot and heavy.

I look to the two girls...and realize there can be lab unity, lab change, lab hope.

Sage has gone from bully younger sister (gee, I wouldn't know anything about that...don't ask my brother.  Let's see, how many of his toys did I "borrow?") to gentle, concerned friend.  Sniffs in the ear, holding back her desire to mop the floor when Murphy is eating (self restraint is not a McDonald strong point), gentle nudges when it is walk time.

This week is a bit of a transition.  I've decided to not walk Murphy as far as usual.  She has been struggling.  All I think she needs is some activity and a pee/poop combination which she seems to do by the end of the alley.  So, Sage is struggling with (and this will amaze you who know her well) the concept of being an only child.  She is actually quite attached to Murphy, so she wonders where Murphy is, whether she is ok, whether I am going to give her Murphy's food.

We're learning to get along with change, and continue to have hope and lots of understanding of unity.  

Murphy's day.

No comments: