Friday, February 19, 2016

Sweet Baby Sage

Writing this is hard.

As I came downstairs this morning, I listened for her.  And she was gone.

We have been together, roaming the world, finding perfect fishing spots, taking hikes to gorgeous alpine lakes, sitting on the back porch watching the moon rise, meeting friends and neighbors on walks to the bluff...for twelve years.  And this morning, Sweet Baby Sage is no longer here.

I started this blog to write about Murphy, Sage's older sister.  It was Sage who stayed by my side every day after Murphy died, getting me out of bed to walk, then to run, again.  Last night, Willa slept tucked beside me, not letting an inch get between us.  Annie Oakley played night watchman, sleeping beside the bed, then in the crook of the stairs.  This house feels heavy with sadness and sorrow.  And so I write again.

I shall miss you more than ever Sage.

Murphy's Day.

No comments: