Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Dogs and Kittens

Sage is not a fan of cats.  Urban cats.  The ones who dart out from bushes then run across the street.  Because I am usually attached to her on a leash, I am not a fan of urban cats, either!  And Annie, the hunting dog, has really taken it upon herself to react when she sees a cat.  Following that lead, so has Willa.

So much to my surprise when I rescued the two kittens on Sunday and drove 3 hours back to Seattle (to leave them with Seattle Animal Shelter which is no-kill), all of the girls were little angels.  In fact, Willa poked her head into the box several times, in some sense, letting the kittens know it was ok...no on barked, no one growled, no one pouted (although I bet Sage was a little anxious whether the family was expanding).

Who knew?  Maybe if the girls can sing Kum-bye-ya with kittens, there will be peace in our time!

Murphy's Day.

No comments: