Thursday, March 22, 2012

How Our Lives Have Changed

Annie, reckless, silly, athletic Annie....now has to contend with Willa.  And for the most part, they do almost too well together.  They wrestle, chase, poke, hunt, and romp with each other.  It's amazing to me that the house is still standing.  But there are times when Annie just wants attention from me.  For all of her independence and hunting instincts in her, she actually is much more of a lap dog than Sage.  Annie is a less coordinated Murphy.  She wants to be with her humans.

But Willa has come into the house and taken it over.  If she hears me spending time with Annie, she'll insert herself.  It's important to be attentive to "the middle child."  So I do things with Annie, just Annie, and spend time making sure she knows that even though there is this pup, she is still Annie Oakley, my best friend.

Murphy's Day.

No comments: