Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Short Week

I simply love these three day weekends and short weeks. Not that our pattern changes that much, but for some reason I think of time as little vacations. On Labor Day you could not believe how much we labored: cleaning house, laundry, washing the car, vacuuming dog hair out of the car (which I always wonder why I do that when within 12 hours there will be more dog hair!). But we got things done I have put off while staring at a computer, or driving to and from my parents.

The girls, somehow they know it is a "day off." They lounged around, then thoroughly enjoyed the sleeping in, the trip to my parents, supervising the housecleaning (that vacuum cleaner needs a lot of barking in order to work). I wonder whether they know today is a work day (as I type this Sage is snoring at my feet and Annie is still snoozing on my bed....hmmm). It's a dog's life. Everyday is a short week or a long weekend.

Murphy's day.

No comments: