Wednesday, September 16, 2009

First Week of School

Home school. I haven't taken my dogs to obedience training since Alex and I flunked in the summer of 1978. We were both hungry and during the final exam of "sit and stay," while hot dogs were thrown in the middle of the ring, it was a race between my Airedale pup and me to see who would get the "dogs," first. I think I won but we were both flunked.

Since then, it's been home school. Can you tell? On occasion, one or the other dog has had to "go to military school," you know, that intense drilling. Heel, sit, stay, come. I think Annie will be there forever!

But yesterday morning she did well. She knew Sage was in the back yard and she desperately wanted to get beside her sister. I made her sit, stay, lie down, then left her. And she did it! Wha-hoo! One time, I know, but it's a start! Now, if she can only figure out her spelling.

Murphy's day.

No comments: