Thursday, May 7, 2009

Adventure Dogs

For some reason I got on an email list from a lab breeder who trains the dogs for the Ducks Unlimited hunting show and promotional tours.  I think the last dog was named Drake.  Anyway, now the breeder is breeding labs for adventures, in other words, dogs that will accompany their owners on hikes, canoe trips, and, er, fly fishing?  I had to laugh.  I thought that is what labs do naturally, hike, leap in and out of canoes, and disturb every fish within one mile up and down stream!

So, now I know.  I have two dogs specializing in 'adventure!'  

Right now, they are becoming a little cabin feverish, thinking this rain has got to stop and wondering if Mom is ever going to be able to spend more time with them.  But they are being very patient waiting in the car as I go from hospital to Dad's to hospital and back.  Maybe it's a specialty also: Waiting Labs!

Murphy's day.

No comments: