Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Low Growl Voice

Yesterday, Annie finally heard the low growl voice.  The voice I use when I was to assert my "alpha mom."  Now, those of you who know me know there is no such thing as alpha mom with the labs.  But, I try.

So, the little culprit wormed her way into my running bag.  A bike messenger bag I keep in the kitchen that has many of the accessories I need for running: gloves, hats, vests.  And she found a glove.  By the time I caught her, one finger was missing (I supposed I can now use it for fly fishing!).  And later in the day I'd taken off my shoes and before I knew it, one was downstairs!  So, Annie heard the low growl voice.  Sage reacted by coming downstairs and instantly laying down, rolling over and looking cute.  Annie knew better, she ran for the hills!

But, reminding me of how mischievous labs can be, Annie attacked the running bag a second time.  Low growling voice worked, she dropped the gloves.  

It's a lot of work.  She makes Sage look perfect!

Murphy's day.

No comments: