Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Is the Computer Fixed, Yet?

I spent over 9 hours working on my computer on Monday.  Yes, that's right, 9!  The girls learned a few words I didn't even think I knew!  But boy were they patient.

It's amazing how dogs know.  They have sensors on our moods.  They know when to just hang close by, to escape out to the back yard or upstairs, or half-way in between, on the landing, listening for any sign that I am "off stress" and ready to play with them.

I remember with my Airedale, Alex, who was a puppy while I was in law school and when Doug died.  It was a tough first year for her.  But we became so close, if my eye twitched she knew what it meant long before I did.

During the computer melt-down, Annie chose to stay near while Sage escaped to the upstairs.  Both were ecstatic when they heard me relax.  I really ought to pay more attention to how I express my stress.  #@!%*@* doesn't cut it in the dog world!

Murphy's day.

No comments: