Friday, March 6, 2009

It Always Amazes Me

Several days ago a fellow blogger posted a news tidbit about the City of Seattle cracking down on off-leash dogs.  From the comment section of this blog, you'd think dogs in this city have over taken not only the parks but bars, sidewalks, marinas, grocery stores.  I am constantly amazed at how many people don't like dogs.

Or misunderstand them.

For me, dogs remind me of my own humanity.  Every day I acknowledge that I need to be more understanding, compassionate, non-judgmental.  These two also remind me to laugh and lighten-up.

It's hard to read the comments from people who clearly are not dog people and who harsh on people who let their dogs off leash.  Lots of comments about breaking the law.  So you'd also think we live in a city of people who somehow think they are so perfect they don't run red lights, never get into cars and drive after a few beers, always stop when there is a pedestrian at the crosswalk, and definitely pay taxes on things they sell on eBay or Craigslist!  I didn't know this city was filled with such perfect people!  Oh, my that felt good!

Off leash?  Nah, never!  That's our story and we're sticking with it!

Murphy's day.

No comments: