Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Paying Close Attention

I remember when Murphy died and how I watched Sage like a hawk.  I fretted and worried about her.  We played together a lot more (which is hard to add more play time in these dogs lives, but we did it), took longer walks, held each other.

I find myself doing the same thing, now, with Annie Oakley and Willa.  After breakfast, Willa wants to play chase, and I throw myself into the game, relishing the time.  Annie snuggles under my desk as I work and I find my hand petting her as I work.  It's as if I am trying to pull them even closer to me.

It feels like there is still a large empty hole where Sage once was.  And its like I want to speed up the process of trying to fill that hole.  I know that what it really takes is time, tiny moments.  Moments that I must pay close attention to and feel.

Murphy's Day.

No comments: