Thursday, March 10, 2016

Pack Time

It has been a rough two weeks for all of us.  Willa and Annie sniff Sage's bed, Willa puts a ball on the bed...they seem anxious if anything in their routine changes.  On Wednesday I had a lengthy out of office meeting and when I returned, they were overjoyed to see me (when usually they barely get up off their beds when I walk in the door!).

After the meeting, we had appointments with the vet.  Sage's ashes were in, so I thought all of us would go.  Annie needed vaccinations, Willa needed medicine for her ears.

We pull into the vet's parking lot, they hop out, Annie gets a whiff of the "place" and absolutely refuses to go in.  In fact, she drug Willa and me back to the car.  So I put her in and Willa went.

We ran into out old vet, the woman who cared so well for Murphy.  She is semi-retired, but has been at the clinic more and more.  We talked about Sage, she loved on Willa.  I felt cared for by an old friend.

In the end, we got Annie into the clinic, shots administered, hearts listened to, new vet met, Sage picked up.

And Willa and Annie didn't leave my side all night.

We are working through a lot right now.

Murphy's Day.

No comments: