Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Now We Are Ten!

During the break, Sage turned 10.

On Christmas Day I took some photos of my sweet Baby Sage.  She willingly let me stick a camera in her face.

It's hard for me to accept the fact that it's been 10 years.  On New Years Day 2004 my good friend Mary emailed me, telling me she'd had a litter.  She was was Murphy's breeder.  And she doesn't breed very often, in fact, she has had only two litters, Murphy's and Sage's.

She had two females.  She was going to keep one.  And asked if I wanted the other.

I think I thought about it for about 2 seconds...

Two months later I was on a flight back to Washington, DC to collect Sage.

The first night was in a hotel room in Easton, Maryland.  The hotel was filled with high school kids on some sort of athletic tournament.  And the next morning when they saw Sage, they all melted.

As did all the Midshipmen and Mishipwomen on leave from Annapolis was we walked through town, waiting until we needed to get to Dulles.

I've never had as great service as that flight, Sage pulling in flight attendants like a magnet...

And it's been that way for 10 years.  She has captured everyone's attention.

Sweet Baby Sage.

No comments: