Wednesday, January 8, 2014

And Annie's Five Years

On January 5th, Annie Oakley and I celebrated her 5 years with me.

Like Sage, she came as a gift during the holidays.  Murphy had died.  And on Christmas Day, my friend Mary called, checking in to see how I was doing without Murphy.  The she told me a neighbor had a litter of labs.

The next day came pictures of all the females.

I was still grieving.

But after some reflection I called the breeder to see if any females were available, and only one was.  I called Mary, who tore off, left a check, grabbed Annie and after much finagling to get Annie to an airport, she arrived in Seattle on a stormy, wet, and gloomy night.

She walked into my life during a tough time, as my parents were both ill and failing, so much of her early months were in the back of my Pilot, shuttling back and forth between home and their house.  She felt my stress.

And she became this sensitive, funny, gregarious, loving girl.

Annie Oakley.

Murphy's Day.

No comments: