Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Sage is Nine

As we begin the New Year,  I have to mention that we passed Sage's ninth birthday while we were away.  Nine!  I remember driving on a cold February Friday night over the Bay Bridge to Easton Maryland, meeting my friend Mary, who bred Sage (and Murphy), walking into her heated and gorgeous garage, meeting Sage for the first time.

"I will take care of you for the rest of your life."

I said that to Sage that night, but really, it's been the reverse.  She has taken care of me.  Through a lot of "stuff," as they say.

She is stoic, kind, fiercely protective, silly, investigative, and did I mention stoic?

I am so grateful we met on that cold Friday night in Mary's garage.  That we took Annapolis by storm the next day (did Starbucks ever recover?), and that little head peeking out of her carry bag, underneath the seat in front of me, upgraded to First Class...the flight attendants totally ignored the rest of the plane as they fawned all over Sage.

Who wouldn't?

Welcome back!  It's the new year.  More adventures with this crazy pack of labs, all rollicking like labs do...

Murphy's Day.

No comments: