Monday, April 30, 2012

The Chewie Crisis

Since Murphy, my girls love their chewies.  And while their preferences have changed slightly over time, they remain fairly consistent.  I used to go to a feed and grain store in Greenwich, Connecticut (probably in business because of all the horses owned by the hedge fund folks!) and buy pig's ears by the case for Murphy.  And the only reason I am a Costco member is because just about the only thing they sell that is "made in America" are, yes, pig's ears.

Sage and Annie got addicted to beef tendons a few years ago, and I started buying those  by the case, leaving Willa to enjoy pig's ears.  But for reasons I still don't know, all of a sudden the distributor of beef tendons stopped selling them.  So we switched to beef ligaments, and then poof, those are now gone or the price is way up.  So imagine my bewilderment when yesterday I ventured to Costco and no pig's ears, so then I went to a local pet store and only a few individual pig's ears.  Good grief.

I think there is so much money made off of our love of pets, that the pet industry really has become adept at figuring out how to get us off of inexpensive things and into more costly items....I dunno, maybe I am just into conspiracy theories these days.

Off to find chewies!  There will be a riot in this house if they don't have chews for their after dinner treat!

Murphy's Day.

No comments: