Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Drive Through Tellers

I have been with this one particular bank for ions,  Before it was this one particular bank, when it was actually "locally" owned.  In fact, when it was a whole other bank before being gobbled up by the locally owned larger bank....and I keep thinking I should change because it is now so large that really it is a warehouse for the small amount of money I keep in an account.

But the girls won't let me change because of Kelli.  Kelli is the teller at the drive through bank in my neighborhood.  And she loves the girls.  If I tell them they are going to the bank, they rush to the back door and hop into the car.  Kelli sends dozens of biscuits through the vacuum tube, meows at Sage through the intercom, and if she is not too busy, comes out to tease them all.  It is quite the scene.

And Kelli is wonderful.  She has helped a homeless man who is owned by two Parson Russell terriers who was sleeping in his truck at her parking lot.  She has managed to work with Sage to the point Sage will not bite her hand off as she reaches in the car.  How can I  change banks when there is Kelli.

And that is what it's all about, isn't it?

I thought about writing the head of the bank, who is so far removed from this small neighborhood world, to tell him about Kelli.  Then I realized that he doesn't care.  It's not big money to him.  It won't solve his problems of daily stock quotes and eking out pennies from every customer.  In fact, she might be fired if he knew how personable she is....

And that is also what it has become....which is terribly sad.

In the meantime, we love visiting Kelli.

Murphy's Day.

No comments: