Monday, January 23, 2012

Change of Plans

So after our last post, Carol and I decided it was not a good time for her to come, so we postponed.  Too much ice.  Then we thought about heading east, but after a long and gusty wind storm on Friday night which I didn't sleep because I spent the whole night wondering whether I would have a roof by sun-up....we decided to stay home, at least on Saturday.  Sunday, we'd ski or snowshoe or something....

I wonder whether the girls know about plans.  They certainly understand their routine and when the routine changes it startles them.  Annie has spent the past few days on a terror, mostly, I think, because her routine was changed with the snow.  So she "lost her pawing" as we say.  Plus, I suspect the winds scared her.  They did me!

This week the weather should be back to a bit of normal.  In other words, in Seattle, lots o' rain.  And tomorrow, Willa goes in for her spay.  So, we'll hunker down with work and quiet time...

Murphy's Day.

No comments: