Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"She Seems Calmer..."

So much in life is relative.  I still think of Annie as wild and close-to-out-of-control.  But as she encounters people who she hasn't seen (because we have all be avoiding getting out in the rain) people keep telling me they think Annie is calmer. I look down at her, she looks up at me, smiling, as if to say: "see, I keep telling you I am well behaved."

I guess I don't ever want to take the spunk out of Annie, but I would like to be able to stop and talk with folks when we're out and about without having her decide it's time to engage in World Lab Wrestling League with her sister!  Or begin sniffing at someone's pocket, convinced there are treats with her name on it.  Or hurl herself onto the nicely mowed parking strip and begin rolling back and forth...

And occasional calm would be nice....maybe every other day?

Murphy's Day.

No comments: