Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Middle of February

Even though February has one three day weekend and Valentines Day, it's kinda' one of those "in between months," where you really want to believe Spring is just around the corner, the snow is starting to get yucky for skiing, and somehow some of the birds haven't gotten the message that it still gets cold at night.

But this year I am in a period of my life where every minute seems precious and important.  I am not finding myself looking forward, but squarely planted wherever I am at the moment.  Labs can teach me a lot about this.  I know they do look forward (try being in the same car with Annie when she thinks she is going to the beach).  But they really do seem very satisfied in the "here and now."  So, we're going to learn to enjoy the middle of February.

Murphy's Day.

No comments: