Monday, January 17, 2011

Before Murphy There Was Riley

I have finally entered the modern era and now have a scanner that works with my iMac.  This is the first picture I scanned, which has been on my fridge for years.  This is Riley.  Riley was my second dog, a Soft-coated wheaten terrier.  She was a typical terrier: tough, independent, loved luxury, totally loyal.

Riley trained Murphy.  And I mean, had Murphy whipped into shape.  Murphy gave Riley wide berth.  She knew Riley was in charge.

As you can see from this picture, Riles was not a big fan of long hikes, matter of fact the outdoors in general.  But she would plod along because her pack was there.

Riley died in 2004.  I look at her picture everyday.  I imagine Riley and Murphy enjoying a warm bed, good food, and each other's company....waiting for me to come home.

Murphy's Day.

No comments: