Thursday, May 13, 2010

Redding, Get Over It!

I know, I know, this is a picture of the Stonehedge (or is it Stonehege?), but for several reasons, no pictures of the dogs in Redding.  Mainly it's because Redding, like so many places in California (A MAJOR REASON I COULD NEVER LIVE HERE) does not allow dogs in their parks.  Can you imagine?  It's like Ashland, Oregon, that has this strict no dog policy in this gorgeous park along a creek through downtown.  Jeez.  I really do believe dogs humanize, soften, a urban/suburban landscape.  And to keep them out of parks?

Anyway, we solved the problem by finding a little spur road off a park, ran on a dirt path, swam in a small creek, and met an adorable older man (I am of an age really no one should be called older) who also had his lab off leash.  The girls had a great time, I enjoyed seeing the oaks and smelling the Eucalyptus, and here we are....California.

Today it's on into San Francisco.  A quick visit to the new addition to the de Young Museum, then over to the East Bay for check in, a long walk, and dinner.

No dogs?  Get over yourself Redding!

Murphy's Day.

No comments: