Saturday, May 15, 2010

California

We're leaving California.  It's been a great trip, emotional, tender, sweet.  I got to go "shopping" with my grandniece, who I swear charged me twice for stuffed vegetables, and to talk cowboy with one of my grandnephews (my other grandnephew was eating and didn't seem to want to say anything to his great-aunt!).  And Mom and Dad are looking out toward San Francisco, the Bay, and the Pacific Ocean, from underneath an oak tree on a rolling hill...

It's been a rough couple of years: Sage's surgery, Murphy, my parents, my friend Dave Lewis...and there have been some great things: new members of my family, Sage feeling better, Annie Oakley.  Now, we head back to Seattle, it's time to take time.  To think about: "what's next."  And to take care of each other, to allow the hurt and loss to form scar tissue.

It's been a nice trip.  Time to find time for heart healing.

Murphy's Day

No comments: