Thursday, November 5, 2009

City Animals

Several days ago I got back from running errands and looked out my front window. There was this animal in my yard. My mind tried to get wrapped around what it was. First I thought it was a cat, but it didn't have enough fur. I thought maybe a mole, but it was too big.

Pig. It was a pig.

So I watched it for a few minutes, as it rooted around my lawn, then headed north. I was a little worried the girls would see it and cause quite a ruckus.

I then took the girls out back, we played with a ball, all the while I was looking out the front to see if the pig came back. A man peered into the backyard: Have you seen my pig? Not exactly the question you expect in a city neighborhood.

Yep, it headed north.

Eventually I heard the guy walking down my alley, saying bad pig, bad pig.

Life can be interesting sometimes.

Murphy's day.

No comments: