Monday, May 19, 2014

Sweetness of Labs

Each person owned by a dog is convinced their dog is the best.  And they are.

One thing that has kept me enjoying labs is their sweet temperament.  There simply isn't an angry bone in their body.  It doesn't mean they won't protect and defend, but on the whole, they are gentle dogs.

Annie has a special spot in the house, near the coffee table in my office.  It's where she collects her stash, mostly old chews, sometimes a toy, often a tennis ball.  If Willa gets within a two foot radius, Annie snarls, letting her know not to trespass.  Then tails wag, and usually a game of chase begins.

Sage always has to bring me something when I come in the door.  She will run back into the house and find a toy, a chew, something.  A gift for me!  And Willa...it's the gentle use of my legs as her nighttime headrest, or the mad dog that she is excited to see me.

Sweetness of labs.  Doesn't get any better.

Murphy's Day.

No comments: