Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Travels with Willa

So we went away for my birthday.  Long weekend in eastern Washington. It's still taking Willa some time to get used to this bifurcated life, of city and country.  Despite covering one window, she has figured out there is another window she can peek out of in the middle of the night and if she hears, smells, or sees anything, she barks the alarm!  It's worse than a malfunctioning fire alarm!  But, it's getting better...and I know the solution, which is to cover all the bedroom windows.

It's funny, because she doesn't do it in the city.  In fact, as I type this, she is sound asleep....which brings me to a second issue in traveling with Willa...her alarm clock.  At "my age," it is nice to sleep in every once in awhile.  But nooooooo, Willa is up at 5:23, kissing, wiggling, up and down off the bed....however, if I get up at my usual hour, she sleeps right through 5:23.  Hmmmm.

She's a great dog...we just have some tinkering to do on the traveling.

Murphy's Day.

No comments: