Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Friend Sally

Years ago I met this woman, Sally.  We met as young lawyers.  And she has a daughter, Mary-Elizabeth. About 7 years ago, Mary-Elizabeth was diagnosed with leukemia, and they went through several years of agonizing treatment and fear.  Mary-Elizabeth graduated from Holy Names, here in Seattle, and went onto Gonzaga University in Spokane.  At the very beginning of her sophomore year, she relapsed.

My friend Sally and Mary-Elizabeth are now in the middle of intensive treatment.  And while I write and talk about the girls, my hopes and fears, I can only imagine what they are going through.  Sally and Mary-Elizabeth are outgoing, hopeful, wonderfully powerful women and have an amazing network of support.  Sally even has a great dog-sitter for Tucker, her Scottie.  But, it's scary....

You can read Sally's thoughts in this amazing blog here.

Murphy's Day.

No comments: