Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sisters

One (of many) reasons I decided to get Willa (or to have Willa "get" me) is because her sister, Murphy, would live close by.  Three blocks east of me.  Sharon and Joe are Murphy's parents.  I met Sharon through work, she was one of the neighbors who retained me to help them with the non-function rain gardens Seattle Public Utilities imposed on the neighborhood (it's all about infiltration!).  It's Sharon's nephews who bred Maverick to Sydney and it was Sharon's sister, Julie, who brought both girls to Seattle.

So, almost every weekend since they arrived, Willa and Murphy have spent time together.  On Sunday, we stopped by on our way back from a long and wet (and as a consequence, muddy) walk through our favorite park.  These two just love to romp and clearly know they are a bond.

And, I get the joy of spending time with two great people, Sharon and Joe.  Truly, all great people are dog people!  When Sharon told me she was naming her pup Murphy I almost cried.  They never "knew" Murphy (I think Sharon may have met her on her morning walks years ago), so I got the chance to regale them with Murphy stories.  This pup has big paws to fill but will do it and more!

It's nice to have family!

Murphy's Day!

No comments: