Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sage's Playfulness


Sage is 6 years old.  Yet often she acts as if she is a puppy.  Inherent, I think, in lab's genes, is this playfulness.  Probably one of the reasons labs are the most popular dogs.

Over the weekend I took the girls to the beach.  And Sage romped in her own independent way until we began heading back to the car.  Then she initiated a game of "chase" with Annie, scampering through the sand dunes, peeking out through the grass until Annie found her, then tucking in her rear end and running again.  It was hilarious and sweet.

At times I wonder whether having Annie is a good thing for Sage.  But then I watch these moments and realize Sage wouldn't have been so playful without Annie.  It works for her. I suspect like us, labs are pack oriented.  We all do better when we know there is someone looking for us while we hide in the grass.

Murphy's Day

No comments: