Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Carbon Footprints

We're past the half-way point in the climate change talks at Copenhagen, Denmark. So we decided to think about Sage and Annie's carbon footprint. They have both flown, in fact that is how they got to Washington. Their toys, more than likely, were made in and imported from China. In fact, as we learned a few years ago with the recalled dog food, probably some ingredient of their food comes from China. Their dog beds were probably made over seas....and worst of all they love to ride in my smallish SUV to get to a park so they can romp off leash (which they also do in the back yard). They also seem to like it when I finally turn the heat on...

It's not a pretty carbon footprint, but frankly, other than all the imports, which I am not happy about, I don't think I would change their lives.

Sigh.

Murphy's day.

No comments: